Problem solvers, dedicated advocates, trustworthy partners.
JOIN US TODAY
Beneflex Insurance Services, LLC
Santa Barbara, CA
Based in Santa Barbara for over 10 years, Beneflex is a boutique agency that provides a comprehensive selection of employee health and welfare benefit plans along with expert advisory services in the areas of Compliance, Innovation Cost Control Solutions and Human Resources Support.
We are a company that cares deeply about what we do. We consult with vision, purpose, passion and results. We exist to provide superior quality in our focused areas of expertise along with consistent delivery of best in class advisory services.
We offer a place where employees feel valued for who they are and have the opportunity to realize their personal goals. We are a group of great listeners, passionate speakers and innovative thinkers.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for a bright and experienced customer service supervisor with HealthCare industry knowledge that is self-motivated (no micro-management required) and is ready for a long-term opportunity where they are appreciated as an important contributor to the company’s success and recognized for their accomplishments.
Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the BenAssist Client Service department which includes customer service support, policy and procedure development, compliance, quality assurance and continual improvement activities to ensure client satisfaction, retention and business growth.
Primary job responsibilities can include:
- Serve as a client’s advocate with the insurance companies/providers.
- Review customer issues and take appropriate steps to resolve and/or improve service.
- Serve as a point of contact when elevated customer conflict arises.
- Routinely review and evaluate client service model to ensure quality of service and increase efficiency.
- Supervise existing staff and recruitment when required.
- Develop and/or oversee staffs continuing education to ensure proper licensure/certification and/or effective competency development.
- Assist management in the development of performance standards for department.
- Mentor and train staff on both technical issues and interpersonal/client relations.
- Prepare benchmarking data reports
- You have a High School Diploma (Bachelor’s Degree is preferred)
- You have a State of California Driver’s License
- You have a State of California Life & Health License
- You are likable and quick to establish credibility
- You are professional and consultative in your communication style
- You have strong presentation skills, both written and verbal
- You are proficient in current health care legislation and employer requirements
- You are skilled in employer group benefit plan designs, alternate funding mechanisms, and wellness strategies
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Although the Company has attempted to accurately and thoroughly describe this position, the Company reserves the right to change the same, including to change, add to or subtract from the duties outlined, within the sole discretion of the Company, at any time, with or without notice.
About Beneflex Insurance Services LLC
Beneflex is an independently owned and operated employee benefits agency founded in 2004 by Dan Cattaneo and located in the beautiful coastal town of Santa Barbara, CA. We provide a comprehensive selection of employee health and welfare benefit plans along with expert advisory services in the areas of Compliance, Innovation Cost Control Solutions and Human Resources Support. We have gathered a team of licensed employee benefit professionals and compassionate, customer-care specialists who are ready and waiting to assist you and your employees.