Problem solvers, dedicated advocates, trustworthy partners.
JOIN US TODAY
Beneflex Insurance Services, LLC
Santa Barbara, CA
Based in Santa Barbara for over 10 years, Beneflex is a boutique agency that provides a comprehensive selection of employee health and welfare benefit plans along with expert advisory services in the areas of Compliance, Innovation Cost Control Solutions and Human Resources Support. We are a company that cares deeply about what we do. We consult with vision, purpose, passion and results. We exist to provide superior quality in our focused areas of expertise along with consistent delivery of best in class advisory services. We offer a place where employees feel valued for who they are and have the opportunity to realize their personal goals. We are a group of great listeners, passionate speakers and innovative thinkers.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for a bright and experienced benefits advisor that is self-motivated (no micro-management required) and is ready for a long-term opportunity where they are appreciated as an important contributor to the company’s success and rewarded financially for their accomplishments.
Responsible for new business development and growth, the Benefits Advisor will use their thorough knowledge of employee benefits plan designs, alternate funding mechanisms and current health care legislation to deliver innovative and cost-saving solutions to prospective and existing clients.
Primary job responsibilities can include:
- New business development and growth; meeting and exceeding targets
- Assist account management with ongoing employer benefit needs throughout the year
- Build and maintain healthy client relationships by serving as a trusted advisor
- Serve as the client’s advocate and negotiator with the insurance companies and third party providers
- Participate in industry events including speaker opportunities
- Collaborate with management team to define strategic initiatives that deliver incremental growth
Qualifications (What we look for):
- You have a High School Diploma, however a Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- You have a State of California Driver’s License
- You have a State of California Life & Health License
- You are likable and quick to establish credibility
- You are professional and consultative in your communication style
- You have strong presentation skills, both written and verbal
- You are proficient in current health care legislation and employer requirements
- You are skilled in employer group benefit plan designs, alternate funding mechanisms, and wellness strategies
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Although the Company has attempted to accurately and thoroughly describe this position, the Company reserves the right to change the same, including to change, add to or subtract from the duties outlined, within the sole discretion of the Company, at any time, with or without notice.
About Beneflex Insurance Services LLC
Beneflex is an independently owned and operated employee benefits agency founded in 2004 by Dan Cattaneo and located in the beautiful coastal town of Santa Barbara, CA. We provide a comprehensive selection of employee health and welfare benefit plans along with expert advisory services in the areas of Compliance, Innovation Cost Control Solutions and Human Resources Support. We have gathered a team of licensed employee benefit professionals and compassionate, customer-care specialists who are ready and waiting to assist you and your employees.